Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Lake Charles, LA
Traumatic brain injuries are one of the more difficult parts of personal injury law, as they are often more catastrophic and life changing than others. The brain controls everything a person’s body does, which affects a person greatly. You absolutely deserve compensation if you were in an accident caused by someone else and sustained brain damage from it. Whether the injuries are permanent or will hopefully heal, it is important to contact a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, like one from Delphin Law Offices, right away to begin working on getting compensation for your injuries.
Compensation You May Seek
There are many different damages you can seek in a traumatic brain injury case. Some of the most common include:
- Compensation for medical costs such as surgeries needed, physical therapy or other treatments to try to relearn how to do certain tasks, and anything else that is necessary to help a person heal from a brain injury.
- Compensation for any in-home care that you need after getting a TBI. Some things become difficult for people who have a brain injury. If you need to hire someone to come help, you should be compensated for this.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. This is not always recommended for personal injury cases, but since TBI cases are often more life changing than other injury cases, a lawyer may suggest to do so.
- Damages for loss of consortium and companionship. Brain injuries can cause many problems in relationships and with partners. Even if you cannot get this part of your life back, you and your partner should be compensated for this.
- Compensation for lost wages due to missed work. This could be the work that you already missed as well as future wages that you will not get because of your injuries.
An experienced lawyer will know how much each of these damages is worth and how to file properly to have your best chance at receiving them.
How a Lawyer Will Help
A lawyer can investigate to see how the accident happened and why you may deserve to receive compensation for your injuries. You deserve to have your life as close to normal as possible despite being involved in the accident. Your lawyer can gather proof and speak to others on your behalf to determine what steps to take next. Your lawyer will also make sure that you do not miss any statute of limitations for filing and that you have the best chance to get a good amount of compensation. Contact one of the experienced traumatic brain injury lawyers from Delphin Law Offices today to learn more.
If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of others, then talking to a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, may benefit you. Dealing with a traumatic brain injury can be stressful and you may not know what to do. Talking to a lawyer about how to get the compensation you deserve is a good place to start.
There are a variety of reasons that could lead you to suffer a traumatic brain injury, and a lawyer is there to help guide you through getting compensation.
What Causes a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Brain injuries can result from a variety of accents and according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), these are the following top causes for brain injury:
- Slip and falls: About one out of every five falls can cause an injury, which includes brain injury, according to the CDC.
- Unintentional blunt trauma: An example of this is be getting hit with a falling item at a construction site because it is unintentional but still blunt force trauma.
- Motor vehicle accidents: About 14% of all brain injuries are from car and truck accidents. These accidents are also responsible for about 26% of all deaths related to a traumatic brain injury.
- Physical assault: about 10% of all brain injuries were caused by violence.
- Medical malpractice: when the medical professional fails to properly monitor the patient or accidentally causes oxygen
deprivation during a medical procedure, it can result in serious brain damage.
What Are Symptoms of a TBI?
Most people fail to realize that brain injuries are fairly common and often go undiagnosed. The CDC estimates that there are more than 1.5 million people who suffer a brain injury each year and about 85,000 suffer a long-term disability and about 50,000 die.
When there is severe head trauma, it can impair physical and cognitive functions or even render the victim comatose. Even seemingly minor accidents can lead to serious brain injury, and knowing the signs and symptoms is what can make the difference between getting treated as quickly as possible or not at all. Here are some of the signs to look out for after an accident:
- Memory loss
- Changes in vision or hearing
- Sleep problems
- Slurred speech or trouble finding words
- Emotional changes such as depression and anxiety
How a Lawyer Can Help
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury and accident, talking with a trusted traumatic brain injury lawyer in Lake Charles, CA is a good place to start. A lawyer can answer your questions and deal with insurance companies on your behalf so that you can focus on healing. They also work closely with investigators, industry experts, and medical professionals to ensure that you are appropriately compensated for your losses, which can include:
- Medical bills
- Long-term care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning power
If you have more questions about what a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Lake Charles, California, can do for you, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Delphin Law Offices PLC to schedule a free consultation.
Contact us Today!
LET US HELP YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
Immediately gave our family consultation regarding an issues! He truly has the spirit to help! Thank you Mr. Delphin!