Boat Accident Lawyer Lake Charles, LA
A Lake Charles, LA boat accident lawyer knows that both residents and tourists enjoy the many opportunities for boating and other water activities that Lake Charles provides. Unfortunately, this also means that there are also a lot of boating accidents that take place in the area, as well. If you have been injured in a boat accident, you may be able to pursue legal action against the party or parties whose negligence caused the incident that resulted in your injuries. The legal team at Delphin Law Offices can help.
How Often Do Boating Accidents Occur?
According to statistics compiled by the United States Coast Guard, there are approximately 4,000 boating accidents that take place in this country every year. These accidents are responsible for the deaths of about 500 people. Thousands more suffer serious injuries. Boating accidents, just like other types of vehicle accidents, occur because there is one (or more) party who behaves in a negligent or reckless way, resulting in the incident.
And just like other vehicle accidents, victims of boating accidents can pursue legal action against the negligent party to obtain financial compensation for the losses their injuries have caused them to suffer. A Lake Charles boat accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Are the Causes of Boating Accidents?
One of the most common factors in boating accidents is alcohol. It is a factor in approximately 25 percent of all fatal boating accidents.
At our personal injury law firm, there are other common factors that we have seen in the many boating accident cases we have successfully handled:
- The operator of the boat was distracted. Just like driving a car, boat operators need to keep their focus on the waterways in front of them.
- The operator of the boat was speeding. A speeding boat can become difficult to keep control of. It is also difficult to avoid people in the water and other boats.
- The operator of the boat was inexperienced. Many people who have absolutely no experience or training go out and buy a boat, thinking they will be able to operate it with no problem. But just like driving a car, it is important to learn how to operate it, including taking boating education courses.
- The operator of the boat failed to navigate waves or wakes. A calm lake can quickly become pretty choppy when other boats come driving through. Waves and wakes created by other vessels can cause a boat to become rocky, leaving passengers at risk of falling out of the boat or even causing the boat to roll over.
- The operator of the boat failed to follow navigation rules. This is a common issue with operators who are inexperienced.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you have been injured in a boating accident, a skilled Lake Charles boat accident lawyer can help you file a claim against the party who was responsible for your injuries. Call Delphin Law Offices to schedule a free and confidential consultation.