Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Lake Charles, LA
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, a motorcycle accident lawyer Lake Charles, LA residents trust may be able to help. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and make sure your legal rights are protected.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer injuries during accidents. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and severe injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident. They can occur when motorcyclists hit their heads on the ground during a collision. Severe head injuries can affect you for the rest of your life and cause seizures, difficulty concentrating and other unpleasant complications.
- Broken Bones: Many motorcyclists suffer broken bones during accidents if they hit other vehicles or the ground. Although broken bones aren’t usually life-threatening, they can cause excruciating pain and put you out of commission for a while. If you break a bone in more than one place, you may need surgery.
- Road Rash: In the event of an accident, motorcyclists can slide across the pavement and scrape their skin. Unfortunately, they don’t get by with just a few minor bruises and scratches. They may suffer severe irritation, infection and even nerve damage. Motorcyclists can protect their skin by wearing leather clothing.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: As a Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer can confirm, motorcyclists can also suffer spinal cord injuries during accidents. These injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How to Reduce the Risk of Injuries
While you might not be able to prevent all accidents, you can take the following steps to lessen your risk of serious injuries.
- Wear a Helmet: Helmets may not be fashionable, but they could potentially save your life during a motorcycle accident. Always put one on before you get on your motorcycle.
- Avoid Speeding: When you’re cruising on a motorcycle during a nice day, it can be tempting to go faster. However, driving over the speed limit can cause you to lose control of your motorcycle and get into an accident.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Even if it is warm out, you don’t want to wear shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt on a motorcycle. To protect your skin, wear riding pants, a leather jacket and gloves.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA today.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, there’s a high chance you’ve been struggling with costly medical bills and a lengthy recovery – but a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles, Louisiana is here to help. A motorcycle accident is always serious: it’s a risk that you’re aware of whenever you ride. It’s also why whenever you ride your motorcycle, you take extra care to be as safe, attentive and focused as possible so you make it home in one piece. However, even the safest riders are in danger – not because of their actions on the road, but because of the dangerous behavior of many other drivers on the road.
Dangerous Drivers: A Motorcyclist’s Nightmare
It’s obvious that cars and motorcycles are two completely different animals. A car provides safety, but it also provides distraction: navigation, infotainment, and a big box that lets drivers text and drive while hiding their irresponsibility from anyone who hasn’t noticed how poorly they’re driving. And unfortunately, these distractions can make the roads dangerous for everyone else, especially motorcyclists.
There’s no safety net on a bike. It’s up to the rider to be as attentive and safe as possible because there’s never a guarantee that other drivers see them or notice them. Riding a motorcycle takes extra care and training, which are precautions that car drivers can negate in an instant of distraction or irresponsibility. This is what makes motorcycle accidents so severe: while cars can protect their passengers with airbags and other gadgets, there’s no such luck for motorcyclists. You might be the best rider on the road, but it doesn’t mean you’ll be protected in an accident.
The Cost of Recovery
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, the difference between bike and car are even more apparent. The driver and passengers of a car may have only experienced whiplash, or minor injuries, but if they’ve hit a motorcyclist, the motorcyclist could be in serious danger of dying. People weren’t designed to hit things (or be hit by heavy things) that fast, and this means extreme injuries that require immediate medical attention. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles can take all of these injuries into account when working with you on your case.
Of course, a motorcycle accident is just the tip of the iceberg. After an accident, you’ll be dealing with incredibly costly medical bills, as well as a lengthy recovery time and a frustrating battle with insurance to get whatever compensation they’re willing to give you. A motorcycle accident also means you probably won’t be going back to work any time soon, and those lost wages could have been used to keep you afloat over the course of your recovery. It’s a challenging, difficult process, but Delphin Law Offices is here to help.
Contact Delphin Law Offices Today
At Delphin Law Offices, we understand how difficult your recovery may be after a motorcycle accident. We also know how to secure the most compensation possible for your pain and suffering. We work closely with each of our clients to determine if any other parties are at fault for their injuries, and we provide information for every step of the claims process. In a difficult time like this, it’s important to get the compensation you deserve, with an accomplished team at your back.
Don’t let a motorcycle accident be the end of your road. Recovery is a long process, but it doesn’t need to be any more painful that it already is. Reach out to a qualified Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer, and get in touch with Delphin Law Offices today.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lakes Charles, LA. A motorcycle accident is a terrifying ordeal and results in hefty medical bills, lost wages and other damages. A lawyer can help you pursue compensation and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Riding on a motorcycle can be a lot of fun. However, if the proper precautions aren’t taken, it can be dangerous. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Head-on Collisions: Just like the name suggests, head-on collisions occur when a vehicle strikes a motorcycle head-on. Unfortunately, these accidents are usually fatal to a motorcyclist. Head-on collisions typically occur when motorcycles and cars are driving at high speeds.
- Lane Splitting: When motorcyclists drive between two lanes of stopped traffic, they are more likely to get into an accident because they are in such close proximity to other vehicles.
- Speeding: Motorcycles are designed to go very fast. While driving fast on a motorcycle sounds like fun, it can be extremely dangerous. Many motorcycle accidents result from speeding. If you’re speeding, you have a lower reaction time and won’t have enough time to stop for other vehicles.
- Corner Turning: Other motorcycle accidents result from corner turning. If a motorcyclist takes a turn too fast or runs over debris on the road, he or she can crash into other vehicles.
- Drunk Driving: Another cause of motorcycle accidents is driving under the influence of alcohol. As a Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer can confirm, driving a motorcycle drunk can impair a motorcyclist’s judgment and make it difficult to make split-second decisions.
Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident Infographic
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Following a motorcycle accident, you will of course be in shock. However, it’s still important to take the proper steps afterward to recover the compensation you deserve.
- Contact the police to report the accident.
- Obtain the names and contact information of witnesses.
- See medical care for your injuries.
- Write about the accident and your symptoms in a journal.
- Avoid giving an official statement to the insurance company.
- Consult a motorcycle accident lawyer about your case.
If you wish to pursue a motorcycle accident claim, you should schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lakes Charles, LA to discuss your case in further detail. At Delphin Law Offices, we understand how difficult it is to deal with an injury and want to offer our legal assistance.
Delphin Law Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
626 Broad St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Google Review
“Great attorney. Helped us several years back with our son. Highly recommend.” – Lisa B.
Contact us Today!
LET US HELP YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
Immediately gave our family consultation regarding an issues! He truly has the spirit to help! Thank you Mr. Delphin!