Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Lake Charles, LA
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, a motorcycle accident lawyer Lake Charles, LA residents trust may be able to help. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and make sure your legal rights are protected.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer injuries during accidents. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and severe injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident. They can occur when motorcyclists hit their heads on the ground during a collision. Severe head injuries can affect you for the rest of your life and cause seizures, difficulty concentrating and other unpleasant complications.
- Broken Bones: Many motorcyclists suffer broken bones during accidents if they hit other vehicles or the ground. Although broken bones aren’t usually life-threatening, they can cause excruciating pain and put you out of commission for a while. If you break a bone in more than one place, you may need surgery.
- Road Rash: In the event of an accident, motorcyclists can slide across the pavement and scrape their skin. Unfortunately, they don’t get by with just a few minor bruises and scratches. They may suffer severe irritation, infection and even nerve damage. Motorcyclists can protect their skin by wearing leather clothing.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA can confirm, motorcyclists can also suffer spinal cord injuries during accidents. These injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How to Reduce the Risk of Injuries
While you might not be able to prevent all accidents, you can take the following steps to lessen your risk of serious injuries.
- Wear a Helmet: Helmets may not be fashionable, but they could potentially save your life during a motorcycle accident. Always put one on before you get on your motorcycle.
- Avoid Speeding: When you’re cruising on a motorcycle during a nice day, it can be tempting to go faster. However, driving over the speed limit can cause you to lose control of your motorcycle and get into an accident.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Even if it is warm out, you don’t want to wear shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt on a motorcycle. To protect your skin, wear riding pants, a leather jacket and gloves.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA today.