Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lakes Charles, LA
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lakes Charles, LA. A motorcycle accident is a terrifying ordeal and results in hefty medical bills, lost wages and other damages. A lawyer can help you pursue compensation and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Riding on a motorcycle can be a lot of fun. However, if the proper precautions aren’t taken, it can be dangerous. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Head-on Collisions: Just like the name suggests, head-on collisions occur when a vehicle strikes a motorcycle head-on. Unfortunately, these accidents are usually fatal to a motorcyclist. Head-on collisions typically occur when motorcycles and cars are driving at high speeds.
- Lane Splitting: When motorcyclists drive between two lanes of stopped traffic, they are more likely to get into an accident because they are in such close proximity to other vehicles.
- Speeding: Motorcycles are designed to go very fast. While driving fast on a motorcycle sounds like fun, it can be extremely dangerous. Many motorcycle accidents result from speeding. If you’re speeding, you have a lower reaction time and won’t have enough time to stop for other vehicles.
- Corner Turning: Other motorcycle accidents result from corner turning. If a motorcyclist takes a turn too fast or runs over debris on the road, he or she can crash into other vehicles.
- Drunk Driving: Another cause of motorcycle accidents is driving under the influence of alcohol. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA can confirm, driving a motorcycle drunk can impair a motorcyclist’s judgment and make it difficult to make split-second decisions.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Following a motorcycle accident, you will of course be in shock. However, it’s still important to take the proper steps afterward to recover the compensation you deserve.
- Contact the police to report the accident.
- Obtain the names and contact information of witnesses.
- See medical care for your injuries.
- Write about the accident and your symptoms in a journal.
- Avoid giving an official statement to the insurance company.
- Consult a motorcycle accident lawyer about your case.
If you wish to pursue a motorcycle accident claim, you should schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lakes Charles, LA to discuss your case in further detail. At Delphin Law Offices, we understand how difficult it is to deal with an injury and want to offer our legal assistance.